A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Not Quite There

Not very hot today but the humidity is insane. It rained this early morning. I managed to get through most of my work out but now I'm spent. Soaked right through everything.

Warm Up
Dynamic Push Ups - 2 sets/16 reps.
Stretching.
Foam Rolling.
Bench Press- 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/10 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 4 sets/1 rep/345lbs. I found these to be too much. Bouncing off my chest and a sticking point where I paused on almost every set.
Bench Press - 4 sets/1 rep/335lbs. Much better. Good pause on the chest and a smooth press to lock out. Competition reps.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 4 sets/5 reps/275lbs. Really good. Competition legal reps. By this time I'm almost spent.

Other Stuff
Dumbbell Rows - 3 sets/8 reps per side/105lbs.
Cable Presses - 3 sets/12 reps/35lbs.

At this point I'm fried. My clothes are soaked through. Time for a post work out drink and metally prepare myself for the next work out. Now time to take the kids fishing.

Snowdaddy

No comments: