A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Squats

I finally dragged my sorry ass out to the SANCTUM for some squats. I don't know where the motivation has gone. Last week I was ready to do battle. This week I'd rather sit on the couch and watch a movie. Let's see what tomorrow will bring eh?

Warm Up
Foam Rolling (on a medicine ball).
Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/10 reps, 135lbs/10 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/4 reps, 315lbs/2 reps.

Power Phase
Squats (with belt) - 5 sets/1 rep/425lbs.
*lots of rest*

Pump Phase
Good Mornings - 4 sets/6 reps/225lbs.
*again lots of rest between sets*

Core Work
Stability Ball Sit Ups - 20, 25, 30, 25 reps.

A solid work out even though I didn't have my usual rage (sort of). The Power Phase felt good and strong. 425lbs (192.5kg) will be an easy opener next meet. The Good Mornings felt great! I can really feel the tightness though my posterior chain. I think I'll add these for a little while. Bench tomorrow if all is well.

Snowdaddy

No comments: