A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bench Press

A really demanding work out. Both on endurance and on my technique. As I get fatigues my form fall apart. Today was all about keeping form when fatigued.

Warm Up
Dynamic Push Ups - 2 sets/12 reps.
Stretching.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 1 set/1 rep/335lbs, 5 sets/2 reps/335lbs.
*3 minutes rest between sets*

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/5 reps/275lbs.
*2 minutes rest between sets*

Upper Back Work
Bent Over Dumbbell Rows - 1 sets/8 reps per side/135lbs, 3 sets/5 reps/145lbs.
*2 minutes rest between sets*

Triceps Work
OH Plate Ext - 4 sets/12 reps/45lbs.

The first rep of the Power Phase sets went up easy enough. It was the second set where my elbows started to flair and things got ugly. I added weight to my big dumbbell to make it 145lbs, fun stuff. The OH Plate Ext was all about stretching out the upper body and triceps.

Snowdaddy

No comments: