A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Squats

Working nights this week so I'm into the SANCTUM in the mornings for some phenomenal work outs. Last week was kind of a drag. I was busy and didn't get a chance to deadlift or do shoulders. Today my squats didn't disappoint.

Warm Up
Foam Rolling.
Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/10 reps, 225lbs/8 reps, 315lbs/4 reps.

Power Phase
Squats - 405lbs/1 rep (no belt, no wraps), 455lbs/1 rep (belt and wraps), 515lbs/1 rep (belt, wraps with knee sleeves), 3 sets/1 rep/415lbs (belt and knee sleeves, no wraps).
*didn't time rest between sets*

Pump Phase
Squats (raw) - 6 sets/5 reps/225lbs.
*2 to 3 minutes rest between sets*

I wore the knee sleeves to keep the wraps from coming undone. A trick I seem them do on the WSM. I don't think they added much if anything to the total lift. I'm really pleased with my strength gains thus far. I reviewed my blog last year this time I wasn't any where near the lbs I'm putting up now. Tomorrow is Bench Press. Let the fun begin.

Snowdaddy

No comments: