A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, April 16, 2012

Squats

Got back into the SANCTUM this morning after a recovery period at the end of last week. My left interior oblique is still causing me pain. I decided to combat it by wearing my belt higher to offer support to the injured area. It worked quite well but I'm definitely not at 100%.

Warm Up
Light Stretching.
Foam Rolling Legs.
Squats (high belt) - 135lbs/8 reps, 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/4 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Squats (high belt, no knee sleeves) - 6 sets/1 rep/405lbs.
*4 minutes rest between sets*

Pump Phase
Squats (high belt) - 4 sets/4 reps/275lbs.
Took some extra rest between sets but my side at this point said uncle. Next week may be better.

Core Work
Stability Ball Sit Ups - 40, 30, 20 reps.

After the work out my abs, hips, and hamstrings started to cramp up. Time to rest and relax. I'm pleased I pushed the work out but I'm concerned how my body has reacted to the effort. Tomorrow Bench Press.

Snowdaddy

No comments: