A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, April 02, 2012

Squats

This week end I bought knee sleeves and a foam roller. Saturday night, all day Sunday and before squats this morning I tried my hand at foam rolling. This morning my knee felt much better. Here's how it went.

Warm Up
Foam Rolling Lower Body - Could have done much more. Next time.
Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Squats with knee sleeves and belt - 7 sets/1 rep/405lbs.
*4 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Squats raw - 3 sets/7 reps/225lbs, 3 sets/6 reps/225lbs.
*4 minutes rest after each set*

The Power Phase with knee sleeves felt much easier than last week. I could have done two reps on the first three sets. I think I've figured out where my right knee pain is originating. I foam rolled my calves on Sunday night and a bit this morning. During squats I noticed my calves tighten up and the knee pain started. I will be sure to hit the foam rolling religiously and see how my knees get on.

Snowdaddy

No comments: