A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, April 09, 2012

Squats (OUCH!!!)

On Friday I did 120 reps of stability ball sit ups. Saturday night I slept in a different bed. Sunday morning I find that my obliques are feeling tight and sore. This morning I go out to the SANCTUM for some squats and OUCH!!!

Warm Up
Foam Rolling.
Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/8 reps, 315lbs/4 reps.


Power Phase
Squats (knee sleeves and belt) - 4 sets/1 rep/405lbs, at this point my right side is hurting quite a bit. It sort of selt like a tight muscle so I foam rolled my whole right side for a little while. After that.
Squats (knee sleeves and belt) - 1 set/1 rep/405lbs. OUCH!!! This time a sharp pain shoots through my left side just under my ribs. Now I decide to stop.

Right now is several hours after the work out and my side still aches a bit. Coughing is a "no-go". I'll rest it tonight then see how the bench press feels tomorrow. If it still husts I'll take the rest of the week off.

Snowdaddy

No comments: