A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Deadlifts

Very busy week with work and home. After working out Sunday and Monday I didn't manage to get back into the SANCTUM until tonight. Deadlifts felt great even though My left side still is giving me some problems.

Warm Ups
Foam Rolling - back and legs.
Stretching.
Paused Squats - 2 sets/6 reps/135lbs.
Deadlifts - 315lbs/8 reps.

Power Phase
Deadlifts (no belt) - 6 sets/1 rep/475lbs, 1 sets/1 rep/525lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Deadlifts (no belt) - 6 sets/4 reps/315lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Although my side is tight and causing me a bit of pain the back strength is definitely there. 525lbs with no belt, I was surprised how easy it went up. I'm really figuring out what technique works for me. The second rep of deadlift sets always feels better than the first lift. Lowering the bar puts a lifter into the best position possible. I'm getting this position figured out.

Snowdaddy.

No comments: