A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bench Press

Every week I'm setting PBs. Today was great! All reps felt light @ 350lbs so I went for a new PB on the 8th and final set.

Warm Up
Dynamic Push Ups - 2 sets/12 reps.
Stretching.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/10 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press (no wraps) - 7 sets/1 rep/350lbs, 1 set/1 rep/360lbs.
*3 minutes rest between sets*

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/7 reps/275lbs.
*4 minutes rest between sets*

Upper Back Work
Bent Over Dumbbell Rows - 3 sets/7 reps per side/125lbs.

360lbs on my last set felt easy. There was no pause at a sticking point, it just went up. I was on a tight schedule so I ended it there. I gave a bit more time for the pump phase because I found I was getting winded and wasn't mentally prepared for the next set... Who am I kidding? I was lazy and wanted a little more rest. Even the dumbbell rows felt light in my hand.

Snowdaddy

No comments: