A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

Squats

My right knee is giving me enough problems that today I had to change up my regular program. Nothing drastic but I lowered my weight in the Pump sets. Here's how today went.

Warm Ups
Light Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.
Stretching.

Power Phase
Squats (belt only) - 6 sets/1 rep/405lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Squats (raw) - 6 sets/6 reps/225lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

My knee seems to be alright as long as I lower the bar under control. If I drop into the hole dynamically it objects and hurts. I did feel a substantial pump during the lighter / higher rep sets. I'll play this way for a while and see how my knee turns out. I'm not getting any younger. Playing safe is the best option.

Snowdaddy

No comments: