A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Deadlifts

Motivation this morning was a tad lacking. Late night at work yesterday and a late sleep in this morning left me with little time. I did get out to the SANCTUM and with the help of watching the 2009 WSM I was ready for war.

Warm Up
Squats - 2 sets/8 reps/135lbs (paused at the bottom).
Stretching.
Deadlifts - 315lbs/6 reps.

Power Phase
Deadlifts (no belt) - 6 sets/3 reps/405lbs.
*3 to 5 minutes rest between sets*

Pump Phase
Good Mornings (no belt) - 2 sets/6 reps/225lbs, 4 sets/6 reps/245lbs.
*3 to 5 minutes rest between sets*

All the deadlift reps were paused on the ground, no bounce. All the good morning reps were controlled down and dynamic to finish. Now it's time to get ready for work yet again.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Tom said...

As someone who is a couple of weeks into the Doug Hepburn program (I got to your blog through Googling "Doug Hepburn powerlifting"), it's really encouraging seeing the progress you are making on it. You are doing some great lifts! It is a totally logical method of progression, and I am really enjoying it.

If you have the time, I would greatly appreciate it if I could ask you a few questions about the program. I'm 51 and hoping in some small way to emulate Doug on the way to my mid-fifties while entering a powerlifting meet or two along the way.

Many thanks for your time and consideration.

Tom
tgerhard60@gmail.com