A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, February 17, 2012

Deadlifts

The first thing to go when my home/ work schedule gets busy is deadlifts. It's been a few weeks since I did a proper deadlift work out so I felt obligated to pull this week. Busy once again, I was late getting into the SANCTUM so I had to make my work out short and sweet (sweat).

Warm Ups
Dynamic Squat Jumps - 12 reps.
Stretching (lots)
Goblet Squats - 2 sets/8 reps/85lbs.

Working Sets
Deadlifts (no belt) - 2 sets/3 reps/315lbs, 2 sets/3 reps/405lbs, 2 sets/3 reps/455lbs.

Speed Work
Deadlifts (no belt) - 3 sets/1 rep/455lbs.

Like I said, short and sweet. The speed work focused on maintaining correct technique and cranking the bar off the floor. Last of three singles felt the best. Started slow but snapped the bar up once it broke free of the floor. Now time for some sleep.

Snowdaddy

No comments: