A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Bench Press

I wasn't scheduled for bench press but a buddy of mine came by and since my energy levels were low(er) from a crazy work week and he wanted to do bench, bench press is what we did. He is still recovering from a major lower leg injurry so squatting is difficult. The bench tonight was the best ever.

Warm Up
Dynamic Push Ups - 2 sets/15 reps.
Bench Press - 2 sets/12 reps/135lbs, 1 set/8 reps/225lbs.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 315lbs/3 reps, 325lbs/2 reps, 345lbs/1 rep, 355lbs/1 rep, 345lbs/1 rep.
*enough rest to chit chat between sets*

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/4 reps/275lbs.
*more than enough rest between sets to chit chat*

After this I usually do some support work. My buddy had to go home and my stomach started gurgling so I headed in to the toilet.  A PB 355lbs for a touch and go single. Twice 345lbs for paused singles. A full evening of PBs.

Snowdaddy

No comments: