A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Bench Press

Another stellar work out if I do say so myself. Sometimes pushing yourself when you are your own coach is difficult. I believe that my work outs are heading into uncharted territory and now all I have to do is enjoy the strength gains.

Warm Up
Dynamic Push Ups - 2 sets/15 reps.
Stretching.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/8 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3 reps/315lbs.
*3 to 5 minutes recovery time between sets*

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/5 reps/265lbs (dynamic).
*3 to 5 minutes recovery time between sets*

Upper Back Work
Narrow Grip Bent Over Barbell Rows - 5 sets/8 reps/185lbs.

Dumbbell Side Laterals - 2 sets/10 reps/30lbs.

I don't ever remember handling 315lbs that easily. I really enjoyed the volume today. I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow. All bench reps were pause at the top and bottom competition style. No wrist wraps.

Snowdaddy

No comments: