A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Squats

My leg strength is not yet back from before the PT test. In training for the two competitions in November I felt very comfortable with maximal weights. This morning I took my time warming up but the strength just wasn't there. Still, I'm pleased with what I did.

Warm Up
Squats - 2 sets/6 reps/135lbs, 1 set/6 reps/225lbs.

Working Sets
Squats - 5 sets/2 reps/315lbs, 1 set/3 reps/315lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Core Work
Stability Ball Sit Ups - 3 sets/20 reps.

The temperature in the garage this morning was about -3 degC. With the fire on it warmed up to +2 degC by the time the work out was done. My knee which was a problem a month ago isn't causing me any grief. Tomorrow the plan is empty stomach cardio first thing but no weights.

Snowdaddy

No comments: