A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Speed Squats Day 5

I was supposed to hook up with a future powerlifter today and teach them the finer points of squats. No Go. I was called into work at 0315 this morning. Checked my email and found out they cancelled. Oh well. This didn't effect my own training.
Today's work out took place at the base gym. I'm glad to see that eventhough I haven't lifted there in over a year things haven't changed. I set up my squats in the corner where I observed the following;
  • two "hard core" guys squatting in the rack (good point) with a manta ray and a 2 x 4 under their heels. No where even near parallel.
  • several seniors socializing.
  • a guy doing leg presses with 4 inches of movement.
  • two younger fellas facing eachother doing alternating dumbbell curls feeding off eachothers intensity.
  • Last but not least, a guy doing heavy shrugs on the smith machine.
I love being the big scarey guy in the corner doing squats. GRRRRRR!!!

Warm Up
Stair Master - 5 minutes.
Stretching.
Squats - bar/6 reps, 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.

Working Sets
Speed Squats - 4 sets/2 reps/275lbs, 6 sets/2 reps/315lbs.

Extra Stuff
repeat the following 3 times
Stationary Bike - 5 minutes.
Sit Ups - 20 reps.
Walk 1 lap around indoor track.

I was supposed to do 10 sets/2 reps/265lbs speed squats. 275lbs was convienient but when I looked around the room and seen all the goons the bar started to feel light. 315lbs felt really good. Tomorrow I'm off then band deadlifts on Thursday.

Snowdaddy

No comments: