A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Heavy Squats with Chains Day 7 of 21

Great work out! I was a bit hesitant before today's work out. I wasn't sure I could handle 355lbs + 130lbs in Chains (485lbs at top). After the first one it was easy!

Warm Up
Stationary Bike - 5 minutes.
Stretching.
Squats - bar/8 reps, 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 355lbs/1 rep.

Working Sets
Squats - 4 sets/1 rep/355lbs + 130lbs Chains.
*5 minutes rest after each set*

Core Work
Stability Ball Sit Ups - 4 sets/25 reps.

I went through lots of squat training footage and I noticed something. In training I look down when walking back with the bar. In competition I look straight forward or up when stepping back. Today I focused on always looking up and of course everything else I need to think about. Oh ya, I wore a belt on all the working sets.

Snowdaddy

No comments: