A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bench Press with Chains Day 4 of 21

Another great work out. I was a bit surprised how good my bench was today. I have been told about trying to "bend" the bar with your hands while benching but I didn't really understand it. I have tried it in the past but it didn't feel right. Today I was reading an article describing the "Physics of the Bench Press". I noted that you should try to bend the bar towards your feet. Ah ha!
The Physics of the Bench Press: Science Applied

Warm Up
Push Ups - 2 sets/12 reps.
Stretching.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 235lbs/8 reps.

Working Sets
Bench Press - 4 sets/1 rep/235lbs + 130lbs chain.

Extra Stuff
Bent Over Barbell Rows - 4 sets/6 reps/225lbs.

I mixed up the order of training this week. I have someone interested in learning about powerlifting and would like to train squats on Tuesday. In other words I'm being proactive and today is my Monday.

Snowdaddy

No comments: