A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

800th Post!!! (Squats)

Amazing how time flys. 800 posts!!! Today was the kids first day back at school and I took advantage of the alone time to hit some squats.

Warm Up
Stationary Bike - 6 minutes.
Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/4 reps.

Power Phase
Squats - 7 sets/1 rep/375lbs.
*3 minutes rest*

Pump Phase
Wide Stance Box Squats - 1 sets/4 reps/315lbs, 5 sets/5 reps/315lbs.
*3 minutes rest*

Core Work
Stability Ball Sit Ups - 3 sets/25 reps.

Good work out. I'm learning more about myself and heavier squats with every rep. Today I tried squatting with a narrow stance and I didn't like it as much. I find that an in between stance seems best. Don't forget, "Hit the switch" and "Don't be afraid to go deep".

Snowdaddy

No comments: