A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Squats

Seems I'm doing only squats lately. This week will be much better than last for training. I'm on duty thus I only go into work at night if required. Most nights I'm not required.
I was watching a Youtube video (One Warrior Nation)the other day which got me thinking about my training intensity. Lately I've been following my routine to the letter but not with any intensity. Tonight I turned off the DVD I would usually watch and turned up the tunes. I went for near max numbers and added a box to my pump phase to work on  dynamic explosiveness. Here's how things went.

Warm Up
Squats - bar/10 reps.
Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/4 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Squats - 405lbs/1 rep, 425lbs/1 rep (not quite deep enough), 425lbs/1 rep (3 white lights).
*As much rest between sets as required*

Pump Phase
Squats - 6 sets/4 reps/315lbs to a 14 inch box exactly parallel.
*about 2 minutes rest after each set, not timed*

Cool Down
Walk around the block ~ 10 minutes.

I wore my belt for the Power Phase and the first set of the Pump Phase. I found by the time I was at my third set of box squats my intensity was coming along nicely. Fuck That! I was growling and snorting like a Fucking Beast!!! Some food for thought next training session.

Snowdaddy (GRRRR...)

No comments: