A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bench Press

Raining this morning so the humidity in the SANCTUM is crazy. I'm sure I burned at least a few extra calories.
Warm Up
Push Ups - 2 sets/12 reps.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/8 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 4 sets/1 rep/295lbs, 3 sets/1 rep/305lbs, 1 set/1 rep/315lbs.
*3 minute rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/3 reps/245lbs.
*2 minute rest after each set*

Core Work
Knee Ups - 3 sets/12 reps.

Barbell Curls - 3 sets/8 reps/95lbs.

This is becoming repetitive... Another great work out!!!

Today while working out I watched the 1997 World Strongest Man from Primm Nevada USA. I really enjoy the WSM episodes except this one. I feel that the American athletes (Philippi and Collins) were given an unfair advantage by only having to compete against Americans to get into the final. I also feel if you would have put them into the international heats they would have finished dead last.

Snowdaddy

No comments: