A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Insane Work Out!!!

I missed Monday's squat work out. I was getting my boat ready now that the warmer weather is finally here. Today I had to make up for lost time and since I was feeling good I pushed a bit harder.

Warm Up
Stationary Bike - 6 minutes.
Stretching
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.

Power Phase
Squats - 5 sets/1 rep/355lbs.
*5 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Squats - 3 sets/4 reps/275lbs, 3 sets/5 reps/275lbs.
*2 minutes rest after each set*

Cardio
Walk / Jog around my neighbourhood - 27 minutes (7 minutes jogging total).

The squats felt really good and all were done without a belt. The weather is awesome today, sunny and warm but not hot. The 27 minutes of cardio were mostly spent walking but if I felt my heartrate drop I would jog for 1 minute to start me breathing heavy again. Other than feeling sweatty I feel great. Tomorrow will be Bench Press. Now I have dishes to do.

Snowdaddy

No comments: