A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cardio

WHAT?!?!?!!!... Yes you heard right. If you have been keeping an eye on my blog you will take note that I do tend to do cardio from time to time. Now that the Nova Scotia Provincials are complete I feel it's time to throw some heavy breathing into the mix. Besides it wouldn't hurt me to drop a few pounds (hundred pounds).

Treadmill - 20 minutes with a bit of jogging to get the heart rate up.
Stationary Bike - 10 minutes.

I've been following the idea that conventional running shoes do nothing more than screw up your natural running mechanics. Today I wore my deadlift shoes that have a flat sole with little to no cushioning. In the past I've had problems with shin splints. Today my shins feel fine. I'll continue to experiment. Here's an article that explains what I'm talking about.

No comments: