A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Back On The Bench

After the crazy week end I'm wanting to get back on track with my own training. Since my lower back took a Shit Kicking with set up, spotting/plateloading, and tear down at the competition I decided that squats were better left until next week. The bench today offered no problems and my enthusiasm has now been rekindled.

Warm Up
Vibration Table (new toy) - 5 minutes.
Stationary Bike - 5 minutes.
Stretching.
Flat Bench Press - 2 Sets/12 Reps/135lbs, 1 set/8 reps/225lbs.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 7 sets/1 rep/285lbs, 1 set/1 rep/315lbs (felt strong).

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 4 sets/4 reps/225lbs, 2 sets/5 reps/225lbs.

Core Work
Ab Sling Knee Ups - 4 sets/15 reps.

Cool Down
Stationary Bike - 5 minutes.

A really good work out. I'm still perfecting my set up on the bench. It's getting better but still needs a bit of work. Now I need some lunch.

Snowdaddy

No comments: