A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, May 06, 2011

Shoulders

My over head pressing strength is quickly catching up with the rest of me. Every week I find the weights I use for seated shoulder press is getting easier to handle. Instead of going up in weight again I'll focus on control and explosive speed.

Warm Up
Stationary Bike - 5 minutes.
Seated Shoulder Press - bar/12 reps, 95lbs/12 reps, 135lbs/8 reps.

Power Phase
Seated Shoulder Press - 5 sets/1 rep/205lbs.
*5 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Seated Shoulder Press - 2 sets/3 reps/145lbs, 4 sets/4 reps/145lbs.
*2 minutes rest after each set*

Core Work
Ab Sling Knee Ups - 3 sets/16 reps.

When pressing I notice that I have more control and power with a narrower grip (pinky finger on the rings) than if I take a normal grip (pointer finger on the rings). I always ensure to vary my grip to eliminate any weaknesses. Things are going good.

Snowdaddy

No comments: