A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Deadlifts

I find that deadlifts are the most difficult exercise to get thoroughly warmed up for. Before I get warmed up I find it difficult to get down to the bar to drive with my legs vice my lower back. Once I am warmed up though the bar just flies.

Warm Up
Stationary Bike - 5 minutes.
Light Stretching.
Deadlifts - 2 sets/6 reps/225lbs.

Power Sets
Deadlifts - 6 sets/1 rep/365lbs (5 minutes rest between sets)
Focus on keeping my hips low and drive with the legs.

Pump Sets
Deadlifts - 5 sets/3 reps/315lbs, 1 set/4 reps/315lbs.

Another excuse... I worked until 0430hrs this morning. After sleeping until around 1100hrs I started my work out lateer than usual. Tomorrow I'll be fully rested and ready to do battle with seated presses.

Snowdaddy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Robert, Try doing 3-4 sets of squats before deadlifting to help you get warmed up to pull.

Unknown said...

Hi Robert, Try doing 3-4 sets of squats before deadlifting to help you get warmed up to pull.

McLifter said...

I've found that doing Power Cleans before Deadlifting also helps. You are firing the same muscles and when you max out on your PC you can leave the bar on the floor and start your pulling.

McLifter