A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 20 of 21

Last day of squats before Bench Nationals. Not that I needed to but I felt like doing a few heavy squats. Plus I needed to show off for my Dad and Grandfather.

Squats - 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/4 reps, 315lbs/2 reps, 405lbs/1 rep (knee wraps), 495lbs/1 rep (full gear), 585lbs/1 rep (full gear).

The last squat at 585lbs was a bit high. My Dad was sitting right in front of me and said I was slightly high. I was distracted by the way my knees were wrapped and that my suit leg rolled up on the previous set. Still, I am pleased I got under 585lbs. I know the heavy weight will benefit my CNS during the heavy benches at Nationals. Friday I'll hit some speed work then do some deload work Tuesday next week then I'll be ready to rock.

Snowdaddy

No comments: