A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Calibrations

Today is a rest day but I've been wondering what the actual weight of my chains are and how much resistance the bands offer. Here's what I found.

Bands doubled pulled to top of deadlift.
Orange Bands - 0lbs at bottom, 100lbs at lock out (2'8").
Grey Bands - 0lbs at bottom, 180lbs at lock out (2'8").
Black Bands - I didn't stretch them. I'll try another day, I'm guessing around 265 - 300lbs (it's a lot).

Chains - I weighed them on my bathroom scales which are fairly accurate. I got different readings each time. 110lbs (55lbs / chain) is a conservative estimate.

With that said my deadlifts the other day were 495lbs at lock out. Very good for a raw 2 sets double.

Tomorrow is the first day of the new year. I'll start this new year with band squats. Orange bands onto a 14.5" box wearing Inzer Z suit bottoms. 10 sets, 2 reps, 245lbs (maybe more). I can hardly wait.

Snowdaddy

No comments: