A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

ME Squat / Deadlift

Today I start my pre-Nationals training. I'm doing a program similar to the Westside program I started before Christmas. The only difference is how the Max Effort Bench Press days will progress for the next 7 weeks. Today was kinda lazy and I didn't feel like working out. I'm glad I did and feel much better for it, as usual.

Warm Up - Stationary Bike - 6 minutes.
ME Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/4 reps, 3 sets/1 rep/365lbs.
Rack Pull (Just Bellow Knees) - 495lbs/2 reps, 550lbs/3 reps, 600lbs/1 rep.
Dumbbell Pull Throughs - 3 sets/45lbs/8 reps per side.
Declined Sit Ups - 3 sets/20 reps.

The first set of squats felt horrible. 225lbs felt much better. The last 3 sets of 365lbs singles felt heavy but very controlled. Only a belt for gear. By the last set of pull throughs my glutes were telling me to stop. Obviously a weak point I need to punish. Tomorrow Speed Bench.

Snowdaddy

No comments: