A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

DE Squat / Deadlift

This week is going very well. I feel like I'm gaining strength and technique every time I work out.

Warm Up - 5 minutes Stationary Bike.
Dynamic Effort Box (14.5") Squats (Inzer Z-suit Bottoms + Belt) - raw warm ups - 3 sets/2 reps/275lbs, 3 sets/2 reps/295lbs, 4 sets/2 reps/315lbs.
Plank (1.5") Deadlifts - 3 sets/4 reps/335lbs.
*alternate the following*
Elbow Planks - 3 sets/hold for 1 minute.
Sit Ups - 3 sets/15 reps.
Broom Handle Twists - 3 sets/20 reps.

Even at 315lbs the box squats still felt not that heavy. I'll go up again next week. On the last set of elbow planks I put a 5lbs plate in both my pockets to make 10lbs of extra weight on my core. It didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Snowdaddy

No comments: