A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Speed Squats and Deadlifts

It's -13degC today with a light dusting of snow. With the wind chill -22degC. I opened the Sanctum early and started a fire. Once again the bar was freezing so I warmed it up on the stove.

Warm Up - Stationary Bike - 10 minutes, light squats.
Speed Squats - 10 sets/2 reps/225lbs.
Speed Deadlifts - 6 sets/1 rep/335lbs.
Zercher Squats - 4 sets/5 reps/185, 185, 225, 225lbs. (one single 275lbs, easy).
Lying Leg Raises - 4 sets/20 reps.
Dumbbell Side Bends - 3 sets/8 reps per side/55lbs dumbbell.

I'm feeling a bit dragged out. Today is my last day of work till after Christmas. Maybe I'll perform some more inspiring feats of strength over the holidays. I know there's a Christmas Eve and New Years Eve work out in order.

Snowdaddy

No comments: