A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Work Out

I love my home gym. This afternoon I did my first home gym Christmas Eve work out. Very satisfying.

Warm Up - Stationary Bike 5 minutes, light squats.

Speed Squats - 10 sets/2 reps/235lbs first 4 sets, 245lbs last 6 sets.
Speed Deadlifts - 6 sets/1 rep/315x2, 365x2, 405lbsx2.
OH Squats - 5 sets/6 reps/bar.
Sit Ups - 4 sets/20 reps.
Dumbbell Side Bends - 3 sets/10 reps per side/55lbs.

My first time doing over head squats. The first two sets were spent figuring out my balance. By the last set I was going pretty well. My core is getting stronger and I held a 20lbs plate while doing 20 reps on the second set.
I just got a pile of wood from my Dad to heat the Sanctum. The pile should last the remainder of the winter. Thanks Dad.
Tomorrow is Christmas and I'm scheduled for another work out. ME Bench Press on Christmas Day. AWESOME!!!

Snowdaddy

No comments: