A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 22 of 24

I worked till 0100hrs last night so this morning's priority was sleep. My lovely wife let me sleep till 1100hrs which, left me a short amount of time to hit the weights. I was supposed to bench last night with the Powerhouse boys but they changed the timings and never filled me in. Another great reason to lift solo in a home gym. Today I managed to put on my competition bench shirt to catch up on the missed work out.

Squats - warm ups, worked up to 315lbs/3 reps with belt.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/1 rep, Shirt on, 405lbs/1 reps, 405lbs/1 rep, 455lbs/2 board miss.

Getting a hand off at this weight, for me, really helps. I'll be benching again on Saturday so just holding the weights today is enough. Thursday is deadlifts day. I've been watching videos and I think I've got my mistakes figured out. I'll start my lift by grabbing the bar with my over grip hand instead of my under grip hand. Seems that lifts were I do this I seem to have a better pull. I'll comment more on this after Thursday.

Snowdaddy

No comments: