A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 5 of 24

Today was the toughest yet. My work schedule has been very erratic lately and I've been at work Sunday almost all day and most of Monday night / morning. I had to cut the deadlifts short because I almost passed out after the last set. Not good when you work out solo.

Squats - warm up, 5 sets/5 reps/295lbs.
Bench Press - 8 sets/6 reps/225lbs. (alt narrow / normal grip)
Deadlifts - 6 sets/1 rep/385lbs.

I'll take a hot bath and maybe Friday I'll be back to normal. On another note, I was reading some tips from a friend on Facebook and he said, "instead of pushing the bar away from your chest in the bench imagine pushing your body away from the bar". I tried it today and although it's psychological it really seemed to make the lift easier. I'll have to practice this technique.

Snowdaddy

No comments: