A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 6 11 Apr 09

Yesterday I worked out at my parent's place. My gym was closed this week end and I had to attend Easter dinner at my parent's with my family. I have a full gym there but most of it is in boxes and put away until I build my home gym. Luckily I had my bar, collars, platform, and 365lbs (including bar) of weights. Since I couldn't pull big weights and I didn't have a rack or bench to do squats or bench press I decided to check out my form and play a bit more with technique. Here's yesterday.

Warm Ups.
Core Work.
Repeat Three Times.
Crunches - 20 reps, 10 sec Crunches - 10 reps, Trunk Twists - 40 reps.

Deadlifts - 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 295lbs/6 reps, 345lbs/3 reps, 365lbs/8 sets/1 rep (alt sumo & conv), 385lbs/4 sets/1 rep (same).

I felt like doing more but the garage was cold and I thought I may cause some kind of injury. I was trying two differents techniques. The "grab and snatch" and the "One, two, three, pull". I don't know what to call them but these names will suffice for now. I am tending to lean towards the "grab and snatch" technique as it takes advantage of the muscles elastic properties and really pops out of the bottom. I'll have to try it with more weight and with my gear to see if it really works in competition. Here is a video of my lifts. Deadlifts Apr 12 2009. Deadlifts Apr 12 2009 part 2.

Snowdaddy

No comments: