A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Back From Quebec

Last week I travelled to Quebec for a course. Since my back was (and is) feeling much better I decided to go back to the gym. I have core exercises that physio prescribed to which I added some extra exercises. Here's how my work outs went.

Tuesday

Crunches
hands under butt and hold for 10 sec - 10 reps.
Bridge
support weight on elbows and toes in push up position hold for 10 sec - 10 reps.
Bridge
support weight on hands and toes in push up position hold for 10 sec - 10 reps.
Side Hip Thrust
support weight on left or Right elbow push hips up from lower knee hold for 10 sec - 10 reps per side.

Along with these core exercises I also did.

Bench Press - 3 sets, 12 reps, 135-185lbs.
Narrow Grip Bench Press - 3 sets, 12 reps, 135-185lbs.
Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs - 3 sets, 12 reps, 160lbs.

The nest morning I could barely get out of bed. After a hot shower my back was normal again.

Thursday

Same core exercises as Tuesday. This time I added some weight to the other exercises.

Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 205lbs/8 reps, 275lbs/5 reps, 205lbs/8 reps.
Close Grip Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 205lbs/8 reps.
Narrow Rev Grip Pull Downs - 160lbs/8 reps, 180lbs/8 reps, 200lbs/8 reps, 220lbs/8 reps.
Concentration Dumbbell Curls - 40lbs/8 reps, 45lbs/8 reps, 50lbs/8 reps.

Again it was tough getting out of bed the next morning but felt much better after a hot shower.

I feel well enough to go back to the gym on a regular basis but I'll wait to do exercises that compress the spine. I'll also get back in the pool and swim to keep my cardio up.

Snowdaddy

No comments: