A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, October 20, 2008

Feeling Better

It's almost a week later and I'm pleased to report that I'm feeling much better. I still have a bit of tightness in my lower back but there is no "Stabbing" pain when I happen to move in the wrong direction. I've been doing some core strengthening exercises which I'm sure are helping tremendously.
I've learned several things from this injury.
  1. Don't forget to work the core. The big three lifts are way more exciting but you can't lift big without a strong core.
  2. Don't compromise technique for numbers. Even if you have to drop down to the bar. If the correct technique is not there don't lift the weight.
  3. I am personally moving from conventional deadlifts to sumo deadlifts. I find I achieve better body position when lifting sumo. I also lift sumo in competition in gear so I should be training that way. I'll lift conventional once and a while for shits-and-giggles.
  4. wear a belt when lifting over 50-60% 1RM.

Now I'm a little older and a little wiser.

Snowdaddy

No comments: