A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, June 22, 2008

2008 Manitoba Open Powerlifting Competition

Well its finally over and I'm quite pleased with my performance. Although I didn't set a new PB raw total I did however give myself some tools to use in training for my next meet. When ever that happens to be. Here's how things went.

SQUAT
Opener, 190kg No problem, I did it in the warm up room.
Second, 200kg No Problem, One red for depth.
Third, 207.5kg New PB, Three white lights, felt heavy but good.

BENCH PRESS
Opener, 140kg No Problem, Easy opener.
Second, 150kg Equals my PB.
Third, Passed to get ready for the Bench Only portion of the meet. Stupid me, I entered both.

BENCH ONLY (wearing my Titan F6 Bench Shirt)
Opener, 180kg went up easy and fast.
Second, 185kg New PB, felt heavy in my hands but still went up quick.
Third, 190kg New PB, went up like the second. I could have gone maybe 5kg more.

DEADLIFT
Opener, 230kg felt heavy but an easy enough pull.
Second, 240kg by this time the tank is almost empty but still a good lift.
Third, 250kg Miss, I gave up. This is the lift I'm disappointed with. The bar was moving over my knees when I quit. Lesson learned and I won't leave another lift on the platform again.

Total 597.5kg raw.
RAW = Belt, singlet, shoes, and wrist wraps.

I learned a lot from this meet which I'm sure will help in future training. All in all a good day of lifting.

Snowdaddy

No comments: