A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Back in the Rack

Hey! I'm back! I got back yesterday in the evening so today I was back in the gym eager to get into my gear. Today was deadlift gear day. Here's what happened.

Squats - (w/u), 3 sets/3 reps/315lbs.
Bench Press - (w/u), 5 sets/4 reps/225lbs.
Deadlift (raw) - 405lbs/2 singles, 455lbs/1 single.
*put on deadlift suit*
Deadlift (gear) - 455lbs/1 single, 495lbs/1 single, 545lbs/1 single, 585lbs/1 single!!!

And the gear is working. I was using the Metal Deadlifter to good success with suit bottoms but when I put the straps up it became too tight and threw my upper body out of my groove. I was given a Titan Superior Suit earlier on in the year by a friend of mine but it seemed to be a bit too big. Before I left up north I asked my wife to take in the side seams then I would see how it performed. I now have my deadlift suit for the Westerns. It feels very similar to the Metal Deadlifter in the hips but is slightly tighter in the legs and looser in the straps.
Now all my gear seems to be working. I'm totally psyched for the Westerns.

Snowdaddy

PS, here is a video of my 45olbs squat from my efforts in Inuvik.

No comments: