A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Day 9 of 24

Today I took my new squat suit and bench shirt for a test drive. I had mixed results but as I'll explain after I know what mistake I made. Here's what happened.

Squats - 60kg/6 reps, 100kg/4 reps, 140kg/2 reps, 160kg/1 rep.
*put on suit, belt, and knee wraps*
Squats - 180kg/1 rep, 200kg/1 rep, 220kg/1 rep (new PB).

Bench Press - 60kg/12 reps, 100kg/4 reps, 120kg/2 reps.
*put on shirt*
Bench Press - 160kg/2 reps (4 board), 160kg/2 reps (3 board), 160kg/2 reps (2 board), 160kg/2 reps (1 board).

Deadlifts - 100kg/4 reps, 140kg/2 reps, 180kg/1 rep.
*put on suit*
Deadlifts (sumo) - 220kg/1 rep, 250kg/miss (several times)

The squats went very well. 220kg is a new PB by 20kg. Although it felt heavy walking out the suit really gave me a good pop out of the bottom. The bench was standard. I've benched 160kg for 5 reps in my Fury the F6 doesn't feel much different. I'm curious how the F6 will perform with the heaver weights. Deadlifts... What can I say? Everything felt heavy. I just didn't seem to get the same support from my Metal Deadlifter as I did the other day. Pulling the straps up made the suit cinch up too high and the legs didn't feel right. I did find one problem though. I finish my work out and it came to me as I was about to get into the shower. I was bending over to grab the bar not reaching down for the bar. In the past I've found this makes a huge difference in the way I deadlift. Next time I'll have it. So, the gear is working and I'm ready for the next phase of my training. One more week of volume then on to pre contest. YeHa! Thanks again, McLifter.

Snowdaddy

2 comments:

Ryan Stinn said...

Nice work big guy.
I find that the F6 is a much more forgiving shirt, in that the path is easier to find and if you fall out of it you still seem to get good pop. I found my old fury to be a tough shirt to use, although a lot of that might have just been experience.
Good job with the squat, keep at it and the PBs will just keep coming.

Anonymous said...

Your last bench was with 165 Big Boy! Remember .....you're stronger than you think.

McLifter