A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, October 01, 2007

Day 4 of 24

Today was a great work out. I talked with my coaches and they both agreed that there would be enough time to get ready for the Westerns using my new equipment. Thats if I get it this week. I also added straps down suit training to the deadlift portion today and I think I'll do it every Monday. Here's what happened.

Squats - (w/u), 6 sets, 4 reps, 275lbs.
Bench Press - (w/u), 8 sets, 3 reps, 215lbs.
Deadlifts - 12 sets, 1 rep, 385lbs. (suit bottoms).

I was reading about the "Metal Deadlifter" and found out that it can be used for sumo deadlifts as well. I gave 385lbs a go today and was amazed how easy it was. I did my last 6 singles of deadlifts sumo style. This perked my intrest so I think I'll play with this a bit. Maybe after Wednesday's work out I'll try a few heavy sets in my suit, sumo style.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Ryan Stinn said...

I use the metal deadlifter for sumo with, what i'd call, good success.