A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Deadlifts at the HHG

I knew the Haywood's would have the answers to my problems. I've been discouraged about my deadlift suit because I can't seem to get down to the bar. I was assured that the suit fits perfectly I just had to figure out my set up. After a couple of attempts it was suggested I lift up the from of the suit legs. This worked perfectly. I was able to get to the bar and still get "Pop" out of the suit. Here's the damage. Keep in mind I haven't pulled more than 455lbs since my surgery.

Raw Deadlifts - 100kg/6 reps sumo, 100kg/6 reps conv, 140kg/3 reps sumo, 140kg/3 reps conv, 180kg/1 rep conv.

I didn't even put on my belt for the 180kg. I was so surprised how easy it was I wanted one more plate. I put on my belt for this.

Belt Deadlift - 220kg/1 rep.

At this point I got into my suit. These are after I pulled the legs up in the front.

Suit Deadlift - 220kg/1 rep/3 sets.

Once I figured it out on the first single my second and third singles I only took 30-45sec between for rest. I'm very pleased with today's results. Thanks again guys.

Snowdaddy

No comments: