A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Day 3 of 24

Well, I finished the first week and I didn't manage to screw up today's work out. Here's what I did.

Squats - (w/u), 6 sets, 2 reps, 345lbs. straps down and belt.
Bench Press - 8 sets, 3 reps, 205lbs.
Deadlifts - 12 sets, 1 rep, 365lbs.

The doubles for squats really helped me with my speed. They were not very difficult which alowed me to work on a quick decent, which also helped for making depth. The deadlifts once again helped me pick apart what I'm doing wrong. I found my speed off the floor was lacking so I put a bit of explosive pull in these ones. What a difference. 365lbs is an easy deadlift for me but these were flying off the floor. Oh ya, I didn't use a belt for the deadlifts.
Yesterday I purchased a new squat suit and bench shirt. I'll talk with my coach and see if I've got enough time to use them for the November competition.

Snowdaddy

No comments: