A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, September 24, 2007

Day 1 of 40

Today was my first day of training to get me ready for the Western Canadian Powerlifting Championships. I'm using a conjugate 3x3 program I read on the web. Check it out here. I don't have chains so I'm increasing my weights where chains are required by 2% of 1RM. Here's what I did today.

Squats - (w/u) 6 sets/4 reps/275lbs.
Bench Press - 8 sets/3 reps/205lbs.
Deadlifts - 12 sets/1 rep/365lbs.

I forgot my spread sheet when I went to the gym so my weights were off a bit. Squats+10lbs, Deadlifts+20lbs. I was surprised how I performed today. Eventhough my work outs have been all over the place I didn't find today to be that extreemly difficult. I really liked the deadlift singles. It really gave me a chance to focus on my set up. The weeks to come are going to be a treat. Stay tuned.

Snowdaddy

No comments: