A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Squat Suit Celebrations

It's taken a bit of time but I'm starting to figure out my squat suit. Today I wanted to do some bench squats in my suit. I always bench squat at or just bellow parallel. Here's my day.

Squats - 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.

Bench Squats - 315lbs/6 reps, 365lbs/3 reps.

Suit Bench Squats - 365lbs/3 reps, 405lbs/3 reps, 455lbs/2 reps, 495lbs/1 rep, 515lbs/1 rep.

I'm so pleased with these results. I also did 3 sets of lying leg curls and hyper extensions. This morning I stitched up my straps and they feel much better. They are still a bit loose, I can still put the suit on by myself. This however goes along with my theory regarding starting out with equipment. The loose suit allows me to set up properly but still gives me some support. With time I will get used to the suit and I can start to wear tighter gear and get more from it. I almost forgot. All these sets were done without knee wraps. I'm sure I'll do much more when I get my knees wrapped up. Thanks again Ryan.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Ryan Stinn said...

No worries, just pay it forward some day.
So i heard a rumor that you were going to lift at our provincials now? I thought you had surgery or something?