A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wednesday Squats Suit Work

Since I've been getting such awesome results from my bench shirt I am wanting to understand my squat suit. Here's what I found out.

Squats - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/2 reps.
Put on squat suit.
Suit Squats - 315lbs/3 reps, 365lbs/2 reps, 405lbs/2 reps, 405lbs/single, 315lbs/single.

I found that I was getting bounce out of the suit at the bottom of the movement but the pain I was feeling was too much. I've worn this suit 4 times now and every time is extremely painful. The last set of 315lbs I wanted to do some speed work. When descending fast I couldn't handle the amount of pain the suit was causing me. I think a different suit is in order. I've ordered a deadlift suit and I've asked some friends what they would suggest. The mystery of gear shall be understood sooner or later. At least I'm getting my bench shirt figured out.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Ryan Stinn said...

Hey Rob, I don't have your email so I'll respond here.
I've never tried a Z-suit, heck I've never tried an Inzer suit. I can tell you that if it doesn't hurt it's not tight enough, but you should get used to it after a couple workouts.
I have atitan superior suit that I think I only wore once(very first time in a suit), it's a size 54(i think), I think that would be about the right size for you. I'd sell it for $30 if you are interested.