A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday Morning Powerfest!!!

Wow what a morning I had. Today was my first work out using our gym's new power rack. I haven't trained in a rack at my home gym in almost a year. It was hard not to giggle like a school girl. Here's why I had so much fun.

Squats - bar/12 reps, 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 275lbs/3 reps, 315lbs/3 reps, 365lbs/2 reps.
Rack Squat Partials (with walk out) - 405lbs/3 reps, 495lbs/3 reps, 495lbs/3 reps.

Deadlift Knees Up Partials - Singles, 495/585/675/725lbs OH YA!!!

Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.
Shirt Bench Press - 225lbs/3 reps (couldn't touch), 275lbs/3 reps, 315lbs/3 reps, 365lbs/single, 315lbs/3 reps.

Like I said, "POWER FEST". On the last set of deadlift partials my grip failed just as I made lock out. This puzzled me until I looked at my right hand. The skin under my pinkie pulled off and I was bleeding. I know this is a right of passage for heavy lifting. It's the first time it's happened to me. Cool!
I've been running for a bit now and I've lost a few pounds and inches. I tried on my bench shirt this week and it's so loose that with a bit of difficulty I can pull it on by myself. This will make it much easier to train solo and become familiar with my gear. Benching 315lbs in my shirt was so easy. When I went up to 365lbs I bumped the hook so it threw me off a bit but I still managed to lock out. Once again 365lbs felt quite light considering it's a new max for me, 35lbs over my best raw lift. I can't wait to try the shirt on again. I now feel confident that I will be able to bench over 400lbs this year. Shirted, of course.

Snowdaddy

No comments: