A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, May 25, 2007

Last Two Days

Thursday 24 May 2007

Went to the gym to work on deadlifts. I wanted to work with my squat suit for deadlift to get a feel for it. Here's what happened.

Deadlifts - 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/4 reps, 405lbs/2 singles.
Put on my suit.
Squat Suit Deadlifts - 405lbs/single, 455lbs/single, 495lbs/miss.

I found the suit very restrictive. I had a hard time bending my legs to get down to the bar but I had no trouble bending at the waist. Personally, I would like the opposite out of a deadlift suit. All I managed to accomplish was to strain my lower back. A heating pad on my lower back Thursday night and everything is back to normal.

Friday 25 May 2007

I didn't go to the gym today but I did manage to hit the treadmill for some valuable calorie burning. I managed to go much farther today by lowering the intensity.

Treadmill - 10 minutes slow run, 10 minutes fast walk.

The run felt very comfortable and I was able to do a fast run for the last minute of the 10 minutes run. Not bad for a 290lb powerlifter.

Snowdaddy

No comments: