A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Bench Training

I managed to find some time today for the bench. I want to train for using my shirt. Of course I'll still do full range movements but I want to train heavy on top partials. Here's what I did.

Full Bench Press (warm up) - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 275lbs/3 reps.
Top Partials - 275lbs/3 reps, 295lbs/3 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.
Giant Set - 3 x (Top Partials 335lbs/2 reps & Full Bench 225lbs/6 reps).
Super Set - 3 x (Machine Flys 250lbs/8,9,10 reps, Lat Pull Downs 185-235lbs/8 reps, Cable Extensions 200lbs/10 reps).

I was spent. After the bench work I kept the pace high for the support work. I'm wanting to get stronger but loose fat in the process.
This week is going to be busy and I don't know when I'll work out. If I do it'll be fast and furious. I want to try out my squat suit this week for some light fast squats. I'm curious as to the amount of "pop" the suit will give me at the bottom. In other words I want to experiment. Stay tuned.

Snowdaddy

No comments: