A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Amazing Tuesday

Wow! What a Tuesday. I spent the morning doing house work and had no idea that the afternoon was going to be this great. I went to the gym not really knowing what to do. Here's what I did.

Squats (deep) - 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 275lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/3 reps, 315lbs/4 reps, 315lbs/4 reps.

All the reps were rock bottom. I was squatting like an Olympic lifter. After squats I went to the bench and planned on doing some high rep bench press. My buddy Vince (hard as fuck, straight out of fuck town) showed up and said he wanted to do some maxes. Who am I to argue? Vince is a strong guy for 191lbs so all my fears of a less than standard spot went out the window. Here's what made the afternoon so special.

Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 275lbs/3 reps, 295lbs/single.

The shirt goes on.

Shirt Bench - 315lbs/3 reps, 335lbs/3 reps, 365lbs/single, 405lbs/single!!!

Once again I can put the shirt on by myself so it's loose. My 295lbs/single was very slow so when Vince spotted me for 315lbs/3 reps he was caught off guard when I blasted it up. Over the music in my headphones I could here Vince, "holy crap!" My elbow was bugging me a bit so when I was lowering 405lbs it felt very heavy. I paused then pressed. It went up slowly but Vince assured me that he didn't put any pressure on the bar. It was all me. Ye Ha!!!

The Manitoba Provincial record for super heavy bench press is 185kg (407lbs) Watch out record, here I come!

Snowdaddy

No comments: